Jay Freedman

Jamie wrote:
I'm using Word 2002.

I have a date field, the date format is MMMM yyyy. If I enter 10/04
the field shows October 2005, it doesn't accept any previous year. I
need the user to be able to enter information from any month of a
previous year to any current month year. How can I get the field to
accept the previous year(s)?

Thanks for your help.

Word is guessing about how to interpret what you typed, and it's guessing
wrong. You'll have to supply the "smarts" yourself...

When you enter 10/04 in the field, Word assumes that these are the month and
the *day* (or vice versa, depending on your Regional date settings in
Windows), and goes on from there to assume that you omitted the year so you
must have meant this year. Hence the result October 2005.

If the second part of the date clearly can't be a day number -- for example,
10/95 -- then the field guesses that it must be the last two digits of a
year beginning with '19'. It isn't programmed to assume a year beginning
with '20' at all.

You can either enter all three parts of the date (choosing any day, as that
will be discarded) as 10/1/04 or you can enter the year as all four digits,
10/2004. Either of those entries will display a result of October 2004. I
can't think of any way to force the field to recognize your entry the way
you intended in all circumstances.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman