Jay Freedman

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 03:25:02 -0700, "4display"
wrote:

I saved a word 2003 template as half env.dot. It shows up when I do
File-New "On my computer...". However, I won't find it using Windows
Explorer or Search.

I am on XP SP2 and want other users to have access to templates I create.
Am I stuck with instructing them to use File-New "From existing document..."
in a defined dir rather than the usual? I don't even have a C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates dir, the default dir
to where I was directed to save a template.

Did something change and why?

Thanks in advance.

In Windows Explorer, you have to go to Tools Folder Options View
and select "Show hidden files and folders". Otherwise Explorer hides
Application Data and everything under it, in both the tree view and
search.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman