Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mch1025 mch1025 is offline

Default Need Help Inserting Text Word 2003

At my work, we have different products for which we have "boiler plate" text
that we paste in to all documents, but this is obviously wasting a lot of
time by copying and pasting.

I have seen something in the past done, but I don't know what exactly its
called where I can simply type in the name of a product and word will
automatically paste the boiler plate text and picture into my document. For
instance if I type "fsp" and hit enter, the boiler plate text about
freestanding platforms will be inserted into my document where typed fsp.

Anyone know what this function is called? Is this a macro? I'm willing to
do the research and work into it, but I don't even know where to start.

anything will be helpful, thanks