Make sure that the outline numbering for all five heading levels is set us
exactly as described in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

Also make sure that the first 1 in Level 5 is a field and not plain text.

"DAL" wrote in message
I inherited a document from someone and found that Heading 5 numbering
restarts and won't continue from Heading 4. I've tried modifying the

heading
by going under FormatStyleModifyFormatNumberingOultine
NumberedCustomized. I'm not sure what to do especially since I've tried
resetting customized options and nothing works.

Example:
4.1.1.1
1.1.1.1.1.