Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chilscout Chilscout is offline

Default Wrong page size on new documents

Lene & Suzanne

Many thanks. This did the trick. Not sure when/how I unchecked the box as I
hardly ever go to the options menu, but hey, you've solved my dilemma.

Dean

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

I am not sure from your description but the problem could be that you have by
accident turned off the setting €śShow white space between pages in Print
Layout€ť (Office button Word Options Display category). This happens if
you double-click the top edge of a page.

See:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Chilscout" wrote:

Running Word 2007 on XP machine.

When I start a new document, Word sets it to the wrong size. For example, a
document set as A4 stes to a size of 27cm x 21cm. Similar things happen when
A3 is selected and even when a custome size is set to A4 dimensions.

When I open normal.dotm it works fine.

It is as if Word is opening a different template to when it opens first
time, when ctrl-N is used or when opening NEWBlank Document from the Office
menu.

This is a recent phenomenon. but I cannot pin it down to being caused by one
particular event, I am afraid.

Short of reinstalling, which I don't really want to do as I would have to do
the entire Office suite and not just Word, does anyone have any
answers/thoughts?