I would strongly advise creating this as two separate documents, one for the
odd pages and one for the even. The page numbers can be handled with
calculated fields (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Print2Pages.htm
for the required syntax used in a different application). The only real
drawback will be that you won't be able to create an automatic TOC. Run the
paper through the printer once to print the odd pages, then again to print
the even (in reverse order). Don't even think of producing multiple or
duplexed copies this way. Just output a single copy of the madeup pages and
take them to a commercial printer for reproduction.

"ejbSF" wrote in message
I need to produce a booklet with different stories on facing pages.

An English version and Italian version of an article must appear on facing
pages. The article is multi-page, so the text must continue in the facing
page pattern.

In other words, the English will be on pages 2,4,6,8, and the Italian on
pages 3,5,7,9, etc.

I've created many booklets (and books) in Word but I've never had to
intermix texts like this before.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ed