Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
malycom

Default Format Mergefield Decimal Values

Thanks you so much.

Problem is now resolved.

Malcolm

"Cooz" wrote:

Hi malycom,

Use an IF field to check whether the value 1, like this:
{ IF {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"} 1 {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,##0.00}
{MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00} }

{MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,##0.00} will be used with values 1, and
{MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00} will be used with other values.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"malycom" wrote:

Hi

I have a merge document which brings in values which I have formatted in
this way {MERGEFIELD "GBP_Int"\#"#,###.00}

This brings the data in fine, but what I now need to know is, how do I
format the merge field so that if the value of the data is under 1, I get a
value starting with 0. For instance, I am currently getting 91 pence showing
as .91 instead of 0.91

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Malcolm Davidson