Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default End-of-Table-Column Character

I think it might be what used to be called "currency symbol," one of
the more useless characters in the old ASCII set (it got replaced by
the euro sign in fonts made before Unicode caught on). But there isn't
a special character for it in Find/Replace.

On Jul 29, 4:05*pm, fvmsad wrote:
I very frequently take advantage of the ^p end-of-sentence/paragraph special
character in Search&Replace. *It would be handy to be able to do this in a
table coolumn as well, but the character denoting the end of the column's
text is not ^p, and doesn't seem to be any of the availabe end point special
characters (^l, etc). *Is there such a character that could be referenced?

I'm using Word 2003, but I don't think the F&R features have changed much
before or since (but that's a different thread).