Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Panish Desai Panish Desai is offline

Default How do I delete items in the Recent Document list?

Hello,

I think you are using MS Word 2007. You can follow the steps below and that
can help you in removing the items from Recent document list on Office Button
Menu.

Step 1: Remove an Item from Recent Document List in Word 2007

1. Quit Word 2007 and Close all the other applications.
2. Use key combination "Windows Key + R" to get Run prompt, type "regedit"
(Without Quotes) and Click OK
3. Locate the Folder "
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\File MRU"
4. On the Right Side Column of folder File MRU, you should find the list
of Items (check the File name under Data Column)
5. Right Click on the required Item and Delete the Item.
6. Close the Registry Editor and Launch Word 2007

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

What version of Word? If Word 2003 or earlier, press Ctrl+Alt+Dash (top row
dash... between 0/) and+/=). This turns the pointer into a big dash. Click
on File, and then click on the file you want removed from the list.

If you're using Word 2007, there's no easy and direct way. You can set the
number of recent documents to 0 and then back to the desired number. But,
that gets rid of them all, rather than selectively.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"MT the Marble" MT the wrote in message
I move files a lot around my harddrive. When I want to open a file I
recently
opened, it's there on the Recent Documents list. However, I have most
probably moved the file and I have to re-open it the manual way. Is there
any
way to delete the files there?