Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default hide/show gridlines not working

Hi Yabba,

You didn't mention the version of Word you're using but there's another setting that will show table cell boundaries, independently
of the gridline setting, or if the table/cells have borders.

Tools=Options=View 'Text boundaries'.

If turned on the Show/Hide gridline setting basically has little visible impact. Formatting the borders in white may be helpful.

===============
"yabba" wrote in message ...
I rarely use tables wherby I have to hide the gridlines, albeit the last doc
I did came out without the gridlines although i didn't need to hide them.

I now find that show and hide gridlines are not working. I want a column to
use shading.I have been working on this all morning . Can someone please help.
I have a problem with caps options but this has been a problem sin ce day i.
just wondered if there is a problem.
many thanks
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)