Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2003 Formatting Issue Followup Question

TC fields (like XE fields) are formatted as Hidden text.

"PA" wrote in message
When I change the setting to view field codes, I can see the fields for
the
TOC field and several PageRef fields. I can not see the TC fields. Is
this
an expected behavior

"PA" wrote:

Yes, I certainly can insert TC fields and a TOC at the beginning.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. A major undertaking has been greatly
simplified.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Instead of applying the heading style, you could insert TC fields.

"PA" wrote in message
I have been asked to offer some aid in working with a 89 page document
and
am
stumped on at least one major issue.
Rather than typing a TOC, I would encourage them to use the Heading
styles
and let Word insert the TOC field making it much less of a problem
down
the
road if the TOC needed to be updated. Also, there will be much more
consistency in formatting. The problem is, some of the headings they
want
in
the TOC are text entries in a numbered list.
Question, how can I apply Heading2 or Heading3 style to the text and
leave
the number out of the TOC?