Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Geoff[_2_] Geoff[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007

Thanks Graham, BUT I have been through all the "Symbols" and "Special
Characters" and no where can I see the 'tick'.
What would be the shortcut key for this symbol?

I don't see a 'sad face' either...........only smiling faces.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
At the bottom of the Insert Symbol button there is a tiny arrow. Click
that to open a menu. Select More Symbols and the ensuing dialog is the
same as that in Word 2003.

Geoff wrote:
I am trying to insert a "tick" (as distinct from a "cross") into a
table I have created in Word but I cannot find the symbol in
Insert|Symbol. It was easy to find in my previous office program -
Office 2003. Help please.