Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nycCTM nycCTM is offline

Default Several Tables of Contents (sort of like sub tables?) in one d

The first option didn't work but the second did. Thank you so much!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, the bookmark name must follow the \b switch and the style name the \t
switch. The \o switch is valid only for numbers of built-in headings. So
what should work is this:

{TOC \h \z \t "RecipeHeading,1" \b Appetizers }

or

{TOC \h \z \b Appetizers \t "RecipeHeading,1" }

For more on TOC switches, see the Help topic "Field codes: TOC (Table of
Contents) field" and/or the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm.

"nycCTM" wrote in message
Thanks to both of you, but I must be doing something wrong. I found other
posts that said to use the \b after defining a bookmark but I can't seem

get it to work. I get the error:

ERROR! NOT A VALID HEADING LEVEL RANGE.

Here is my code:

{TOC \B APPETIZERS \O "RECIPEHEADING,1"}

I also tried these and they don't work either as it pulls entries from the
entire document

{TOC \h \z \t \b"RecipeHeading,1" }

{TOC \h \z \t \b Appetizers "RecipeHeading,1" }

"Appetizers" is the bookmark and "RecipeHeading" is the name of the style.