Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Styles behaviour in Word 2007

Hi Sharon,

Take a look at the following page of Shauna Kelly's website:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/stylesms/index.html

I think that it is a Word 2002/2003 thing and according to Shauna, while
they do appear in the "Styles and Formatting Pane", they are NOT styles.

While with some 97-2003 type documents (that were not created in Word 2007)
when edited in Word 2007, I do see the creation of these "non-Styles" when
direct formatting is applied, It does not happen with a new document that
is created in Word 2007.

In those cases where the "non-Styles" are being created, I have not found a
way to stop them from being created.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Sharon R." wrote in message
Hi all,

I used to be able to do this in Word 2003 but do not seem able to make it
"stick" in 2007.

I have a specific set of styles that I use in my documents and these are
the
only ones that I want shown in the Styles list. So far so good. Sometimes,
however, I need to slightly modify one. When I do this though it creates
another entry in Styles list to reflect the change to the existing style.
Since it's usually just a one-off, I don't want to see this in the list.

There was a way in Word 2003 to stop this happening but I can't find how
do this in Word 2007. I've tried all permutations available under Manage
Styles to no avail.

Would love some englightenment!

Thanks,

Sharon