Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Using Formulas in a Table

Hi TJ

Unlike Excel, Word tables don't automatically recalculate. You can get
calculations in a document to update automatically when they're in a document
protected for forms and:
1) at least one of the inputs for the calculation is gained from a formfield;
and
2) the formfield's properties are set to 'calculate on exit'.

The calculation fields can be created by pressing Ctrl-F9 to create the field
(denoted by a pair of field braces (ie '{ }')) and:
3) if the calculation only references cells within the table, inputting the
formula along the lines of '=A1*B1' between the field braces; or
4) if the calculation references fields outside the table, inputting the
formula along the lines of '=BkMrk1*BkMrk2' between the field braces, where
'BkMrk1' and 'BkMrk2' are the formfield bookmark names.
You can also use '=BkMrk1*A1' if the calculation references cells within the
table and fields outside the table.

For more information on tables and calculations in Word, check out my Word
Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

Cheers

--