enrico

Default How do I align vertically a 2nd column in centre page?

Hi, yes, I created the columns with space bar, (i suppose that means,
different word length, different starting point for 2nd column word).
Then, following a suggestion I tried highlighting a piece of text, then
format-column etc etc
The first worked, the 2nd column went aligned, but on the following blank
page page 8) appeared a frame, the same I've used on the cover page of the
project.
Found the problem as frame appears in the format-column-2 column preview but
don't know how to prevent it..
And then, anyway, on the second piece it didn't work as it became a single
column , with word in second column going under correspective word in first
column...
(!!!!!!)
Not panicking, just going mad!!!!

"jem01354" wrote:

Enrico, how did you create the columns? It sounds like you used the space
bar to create the space between the two columns. If you didn't use the space
bar, did you use the Tab key ... or did you create a table?

I'm sure your problem can be fixed but I need to know how it was caused in
the first place. Whatever you do, don't type it again (yet) and above all
... Don't panic!

"enrico" wrote:

No, not really.
Don't know how to explain it technically but will try to make it clear....
I want the centre column to be vertically aligned, for words in that column
start at different points on horizontal grid
E.G. I have something like
Water aaaa
Book bbbb
Sugar cccc
Tea dddd
Home eeee
If you take aaa bbb ccc ddd eee,they look like being on an ondulated,
irregular vertical line,and I want them to be straight, all word starting at
the same point, on a straight vertical line.
And can I correct this problem or I 'l need to write everything anew?
Thanx a lot...
"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you saying that you don't want the newspaper columns to be
balanced? Then do the following: On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click the Compatibility tab and check the option to "Don't balance
columns for Continuous section starts". Text won't wrap to the second
column until it reaches the end of the page.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"enrico" wrote in message
Writing an assignment and cannot work out how to align vertically a
second
column of words in centre page.They're coming out like a ondulating
column. I
think depends on lenghth of previous word,in first column, but can't
figure
out a way to put them straight.
E.G. Water Paani
Book Pustuk