Once again you seem to have replied to the wrong message. I assume you're
referring to the spelling.grammar newsgroup. I don't have the URL offhand
because I access these NGs via NNTP (using Outlook Express) rather than
through the Web portal you are using. You can do the same by clicking on
this URL: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...elling.grammar

Or you can continue to confuse yourself with the Web interface by going to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

"DeltaNick" wrote in message
I don't understand: what is the URL?

You haven't even given me THIS information! Please be specific, as

switching
su to new locations, then not telling us those locations, is another

method
of discouraging us from receiving any genuine support, after we've paid
hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for Microsoft's software.

I need the URL.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your question. Word has no way to force you to
spell-check your document, and checking spelling does not set any kind

of
flag to tell Word that spell checking has been done. If what you mean is
that "Check spelling as you type" is marking as misspelled words that

you
have told it to ignore, then this frequently happens even if you just

close
and reopen a document.

If you really want Word not to mark them as misspelled, you can either

add
them to the dictionary or format them as "Do not check spelling or

grammar."
For documents that have already been spell-checked, a quick way to hide

"errors" is to check the box for "Hide spelling errors in this document"

on
the Spelling & Grammar tab of Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DeltaNick" wrote in message
Whenever I upgrade to a newer version of MS Word, I have to rerun the
spellcheck on previously-spellchecked documents. It does not

automatically
recognize a previous version's completed spellcheck. This is not a

problem
for short documents, as they can be spellchecked quickly. But some of

my
documents are 800 pages or longer. I must spellcheck the entire

document,
which takes hours, literally.

Is there a way to get MS Word 2003 to recognize an

already-spellchecked MS
Word 2002 document? This also happened when I updated from MS Word

MS
Word 2002.