Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Text Form Field Too Small

I don't think you're understanding what Jezebel is saying. The size of the
form field is immaterial if the space allowed for the text is adequate.
Users really should be using Tab to get from field to field, but if they
insist on clicking, they will not be allowed to click anywhere but in the
form field, thereby assuring that they fill in text in the right place. If
you just want to get the appearance of a larger field, you can increase the
number of nonbreaking spaces in the form field, but note that when users
click in a form field (instead of tabbing to it), the entire field is not
selected, and the more spaces you add, the more you increase the risk that
there will be spaces before and after the data the user enters.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Jezebel wrote:
Protect the document for forms (or at least that sectino of it). Then

the
user can't click anywhere but within your fields, no matter how you

format
the table.

I do have it protected. The problem is is order to allow for the
person to enter data you have to create text form fields. That is my
problem. I cannot increase the width of the text form field without
seeing the issues I included in my first post.

Thanks,
Ryan