Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Sizing even page footer affects odd footer size

Footers always exist--all you can do is have nothing in there. Turn on
First Page header/footer and delete everything in it.

There's a good explanation of headers and footers he
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

soccerman58 wrote:
Hi
I don't want different sized footers, but that's what I have. So I turned
off the Different Footer checkbox and now I have the same size footers
because I turned on the Paragraph Tags and found a whole slew of unnecessary
tags in the footer.

I have decided that I do not want a footer at all on the first page, but I
can't seem to make it disappear. Any tips on that please?
Thanks