If balloons are disabled and the Reviewing Pane is not displayed, only the
ScreenTips will be seen, but this will depend on the recipient's workspace
setup, not yours. Moreover, if the recipient has "Make hidden markup visible
when opening or saving" enabled (as it is by default--and should be), then
the Reviewing Pane will likely be displayed.

"Enstrique" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can hide the comment while keeping the "balloon" pop
up?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This option is still available, but it depends on settings on the

student's
computer, not yours. If he is using Word 2000 or earlier, this is what

he
will see by default. In Word 2002 and 2003, ScreenTips are displayed in
Normal view. They are also displayed in Print Layout view if balloons

are
disabled on the Track Changes tab of Tools | Options. (Of course,

ScreenTips
must also be enabled on the View tab of Tools | Options.)

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Enstrique" wrote in message
As an educator who uses computers in the classroom, I have to say that

the
older style of comments had a great use in the classroom. I could

type a
document, and insert a comment on a particular word. The 'old style'

was
highlight it in yellow. When the student moved their mouse over the

word,
the comment will appear. This was a great way to insert vocabulary

terms
unfamilar words.

While the new comments are OK, I would like the option to change it to

the
old format, instead of underlining the word, and placing the comment

right side of the page. Thank you.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.