Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How do I remove many returns at once from a word document

You can search for ^p^p and replace with ^p, repeating until there are 0
replacements. Or, more efficiently, using wildcards (be sure to check the
appropriate box), you can search for ^13{2,} (that is, two or more paragraph
marks in sequence). For more on this, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/UsingWildcards.htm.

Note that this will only find empty paragraphs. If the extra paragraphs
contain spaces, you'll need to search for them separately.

"cfdeb" wrote in message
I have a document that has been created using the return button to only

use
half the page. I need to use the whole page and as the document is 60

pages
of single space I'm trying to find a quicker way than just the delete

button.