Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
pjlksa pjlksa is offline

Default Table column widths

I have come across this before at least twice and I have come to the
conclusion that if your table columns are taken or were originally formatted
in a variety of Word versions or with Windows ME then they are incompatible.
You either accept them as being a little bit crooked or redo the whole table.
Unfortunately cutting and pasting does not work, you have to retype
everything. ME has been the biggest culprit in my experience.

Good Luck

"Biddy" wrote:

I have a large table (multipage) with 6 columns. I created it by joining up
other (same column) tables. When I added some header bits from somewhere
else, my coulumn widths started changing - seemingly with minds of their own
[sigh, what's new?] - so that there's, say, 3 pages of this and that width
columns, then two pages of other widths. I keep trying highlighting the
vertical lines and dragging, and sometimes this works, but sometimes _other_
columns also change width. This is almost impossible to explain; I hope
someone out there has had a similar experience so they'll know what I'm on
about...!

Thanks