Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default menu bar at the bottom of a word file?

Does it appear if you start Word in Safe Mode? Hold Ctrl while starting Word
and continue holding Ctrl until you are prompted to start in Safe Mode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Kit W." wrote in message
I can see the bar, but it's inactive. I've tried turning it on by checking
Status Bar under Tools, and someone told me to right-click on the status
bar,
but when I do, nothing happens. This is driving me nuts--I can't see what
page or what line I'm on. Any suggestions?
--
Yours truly,
Kit

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Have you tried ToolsOptionsViewShowStatus Bar?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

aljguy wrote:
I'm using word xp at my office and I can't get the bottom meu screen
that shows stuff like when you are overtyping. anybody know how?