Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Escout Escout is offline

Default How do I KEEP 1st page header&delete header on following pages?

I don't belive you have the option to only put a header on one page. The easy
fix to this problem, in my opinion is to do it manually. Depending on how you
want it to look, you can either type it straight across the top with
left-align, using tab and spacebar to place it, or use center or right align.
Another option is to use a text box, found in 07 under the 'Insert' tab, but
the problem with this is that there wil be a border around you text.

"Noelle" wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to create a word doc that has my info (address/ #/ email)
as a header on the INITAL PAGE ONLY...don't want that info repeated in a
header on any of the following pages. I've tried deleting the info directly
from the 2nd, 3rd page headers, but obviously this erases the initial page
header as well. This is driving me CRAZY, does anyone know how to keep the
header on just the first page, or is that not an option?
THANKS!