CyberTaz

P.S.-

You can get more precise performance from the ruler if you hold down the Alt
key while dragging the tab icon. (Thought I'd better throw that in so I don't
get chastized for a Sin of Omission 8).)

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi Rev-

The 'accuracy' of the ruler markings is resolution-dependent, so the degree
of zoom will impact how close you can get to a certain point. FWIW, I only
rely on graphic tools like the ruler if using major increments or if
precision positioning isn't a key issue. In most apps the graphic tools are
fine if you're willing to accept 'nearest neighbor' settings.

Regards |:)

"RevJavaDude" wrote:

Word 2003. When I try to set a tab using the ruler (clicking the mouse on
the ruler, and then adjusting its placement), I cannot get a tab setting on
an "exact" ruler mark. For example, if I want a tab at .5" it will get
placed at .52" when I open the Format-Tab dialog box. In order to set tabs
on the marks I have to open the tab dialog box and type in the measurements
that I want, I am unable to use the ruler. It's been like this in every
installation I have done. Any ideas? Any solutions? Thanks for your help.

--Jeff