Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Change format of several tables swiftly?

Hi ?B?Q2xhZXNH?=,

What I would like to do in one swoop for each table is

* indent to a known value,
* set the width of each column to known values,
* disable Automatic resize,
* disable Allow rows to break across pages,
* apply my own style for the text,
* set Keep with next on all rows but the last one.

As of now I have to do this manually for each and every one of the tables.
Any tip on how I could achieve at least part of the above wish list is really
appreciated! I run Word 2003 in Windows XP.

This would, indeed, require a macro. Can you show us the result of recording
these steps, to give us a starting place for what you need?

The "skeleton" for changing every table in the document is:

Dim tbl as Word.Table

For each tbl in ActiveDocument.Tables
'Code to manipulate table here
Next