Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge Percentages from Excel to Word not working per your posting

So what result did the fields suggested by Graham give?

The most common problem is that people do not use the special field code
braces {} that you can insert usgin ctrl-F9 for every pair of {} in the
formula.

In this case, supposing your percentage column is called percent,
a. what is the result of { MERGEFIELD percent } ?
b. if you select { MERGEFIELD percent } then use ctrl-F9 to insert {}
around it

{ { MERGEFIELD percent } }

then type extra text to give you the following

{ ={ MERGEFIELD percent }*100 }

what result does that give?

Then type a little bit more to give you

{ ={ MERGEFIELD percent }*100 \#0% }

What result does that give?

Peter Jamieson

"TLH" wrote in message
I could not get the formula listed in
to work for me. So I upgraded to Word 2007 and I still can not get my
merged
decimal number to format as a percentage. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!