Graham Mayor

Check the frame associated with the envelope address paragraph style is
large enough to contain the post code
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

Stephan Bird wrote:
(Originally posted in m.p.w.general, on the 13th Feb, no response as
yet so trying here as well, apologies for the multi-post)

We have a database made from an Excel file with columns in there for
Name, several lines for address and Post Code (aka zip code), and
other business related stuff. We can create form letters fine in this
using all the required fields for our customers address. However,
when we come to copy over this data for envelope printing, Word never
seems to pick up the post code, so we have to type it in manually.
(We don't have Access, nor do we really need it for this job)

I've made sure we've selected all the text, including any returns /
line feeds after the Post Code, and checked the font size (just in
case it's too big to show on the little window), but it's fine - and
if there were more lines surely the scrollbar would come into play?
Not quite sure what's changed in terms of what we're doing, but it
worked perfectly well in Win 98 and Offices 97 and 2000, now running
XP Pro SP2 (also bad in SP1) and Office 2003. Printing onto 110 x 220
mm envelopes, with no window, if that makes any odds (shouldn't do
IMO, but...).

Any thoughts - a known problem..?

Stephan