Klaus Linke

For what it's worth: I've had the same problems as Jodzeee.

And when table styles broke (got linked to built-in styles ...), they usually
take other styles with them.
Suddenly other built-in styles develop links, mostly styles I've never used in
my life, and the document is essentially broken.

I usually go back to an older version at that point, swearing and muttering.
The method Jodzeee used (change the text in the broken styles to some other
style and then delete the broken styles) works, but you often loose a lot of
formatting. Especially if you don't look whether the broken styles have become
linked to some other styles, and fix/replace/delete those, too.

It's probably more trouble than it's worth.

The problems are the main reason I don't use table styles much yet, and am a bit
careful recommending them.

Regards,
Klaus

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi Jodzeee,

As far as the tables go though, the people I work with are all upgraded
to 2002 or 2003 so that's not the problem. The table styles will
sometimes disappear WHILE I'm working on the document. Sometimes I'll
just save it and when it's done, the tables all revert back or take on
some other formatting. It's really bizarre.

Yes, that does sound odd. Check in Tools/OPtions/Save whether you've
disabled commands that aren't available in earlier versions? Also check
the default file type to which you're saving - make sure it's as a Word
document, and not something else (such as Word 6/95).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org