Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default how to save a database field into bookmark

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"flnew" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say.
This still refer to the last question I asked(mulitiple records into
one document) and no good means to do it. So I use lots NEXT IF
statements, hoping that the number of retrieved records is less than
the NEXT IFs I have in the main document.

This seems working but there is still a small problem: at the end of
the file, I have a filed need to be filled by data from database, since
merge already finishs all the records, so that field is empty. That's
why I want to save that data to the bookmark or anything can hold this
data and use it at the end of the file.

I am not familiar with word so do not know what to do. It would be
greatly appreciated if you could be able to help me. Thanks!