Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kay Kay is offline

Default If functions in table cells

Doug,

The content of the cell I need to reference in the formula is a reference
from a bookmark. That would be like a double reference, unless you mean to
reference the cell and not the contents. If so, can I nest five times and
what would the syntax look like. Do you have to provide all three arguments
for the "if"?

Thanks for your help!

"Kay" wrote:

I have read some of the post on calcualations in word tables and have dome
many over the years, but not as complicated as I have seen in the download
files. I have a word table that recieves its data as a bookmark from a form
in another section. If the bookmark returns 1 - Unsatisfactory, I want the
next column in the corresponding row to show 1 so that I can then total that
column and divide by the number of entries. I assumed...{if(B2="1 -
Unsatisfactory",1,"")}. I always get a syntax error. Inf act, I need to
nest five ifs. if(B2="1 - Unsatisfactory",1,if(B2="2 - Nees
Improvement",2,if(b2=3 - Meets Expcetations",3," ")}. etc...

Any help will be appreciated.