Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Template Problem?

trvlnmny wrote:

Jay,
That did it, thanks for your help. It does lead me to a second
question. How do I now open new documents and use the CustomNormal
template.
Thanks again.

When you click File New or the New button on the toolbar, it opens the New
Document task pane. In there, under Templates, click the link for "On my
computer", which opens a dialog showing the templates stored in your
Templates folder. (That's where the CustomNormal.dot template should be; if
it's somewhere else, move it there.) Select the template and click OK (or
just double-click the template, which does the same thing).

You can replace the rather useless button on the toolbar with one that goes
directly to the dialog. Open Tools Customize, set the category to All
Commands, find the FileNewDialog command in the right-hand list, and drag it
to the toolbar. Then drag the old button off the toolbar to get rid of it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman