But where do you change the default for this? Mine defaults to points, and I
don't see any way to change it to lines.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?U2FicmluYSBCZWNrZXI=?=,

I am trying to find a way to keep Word from changing my before and after
paragraph spacing in a table from point to line. For example, when I

type in
just the number 3 in the before and just the number 3 in the after under
Format/Paragraph/Line Spacing it automatically changes it to 0.6 lines.

Is
there a way to make it not make this change automatically? I realize

that if
I type 3pt instead, it will use points, but would like to not have to

each
time.

No, there's no way to change this. You have to explicitly type the

measurement
unit if you don't want the default.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland