Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How can I merge tables besides by inserting rows/pasting?

Generally speaking, if you move or delete any text (including empty
paragraphs) between tables, they will be joined. You need to make sure none
of them are wrapped and that only the first has rows tagged as heading rows.

"Peturpin" wrote in message
I cannot find any place in the menus in Word 2003 for merging two tables.
For aesthetic reasons, I have separated the tables in a certain document
instead of creating one continuous table in the document. So, currently,

if
I want to merge the contents of two separate tables in this document, I

have
to manually insert multiple rows into the table whose size I want to
increase, and then paste into it the contents of the rows of another

table,
which contents I want to be part of the first table.

This process is somewhat time-consuming, and I am thinking that there must
be a faster way of merging two tables, but I have not been able to find it

by
searching Microsoft Online and the English KB.
--
Peter Turpin
Cultural Liaison