Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How can I merge tables besides by inserting rows/pasting?

It *should* work, and I don't think anyone has figured out why it sometimes
doesn't, although the caveats I mentioned do play a role.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually in MS Word, a large percentage of the time, removing the space
or paragraph mark between two identically formatted tables with all the
properties blanked out doesn't work. Quite frequently the last and
first rows are flush with one another, but a double line appears, and
they cannot be selected as one table. The necessitates the adding rows
and cutting and pasting that so many of these postings complain about.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Generally speaking, if you move or delete any text (including empty
paragraphs) between tables, they will be joined. You need to make sure

none
of them are wrapped and that only the first has rows tagged as heading

rows.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Peturpin" wrote in message
I cannot find any place in the menus in Word 2003 for merging two

tables.
For aesthetic reasons, I have separated the tables in a certain

document
instead of creating one continuous table in the document. So,

currently,
if
I want to merge the contents of two separate tables in this document,

have
to manually insert multiple rows into the table whose size I want to
increase, and then paste into it the contents of the rows of another

table,
which contents I want to be part of the first table.

This process is somewhat time-consuming, and I am thinking that there

must
be a faster way of merging two tables, but I have not been able to

find it
by
searching Microsoft Online and the English KB.
--
Peter Turpin
Cultural Liaison