Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Firewalker Firewalker is offline

Default No online templates for Word 2007??

It says that I'm "Connected to Office Online", but now I've noticed a new
quirk to add to the mix. When I try to access Help, the box pops up and says
opens Office Online's Home Page in Internet Explorer (which is no help at
all).
I looked in Windows Firewall and no Office 2007 applications are even
listed, so I added winword.exe manually to allow it through the firewall, but
it still won't work correctly.

Don't know if this would make any difference, but I installed Office Pro
2007 on XP just before I upgraded to Vista Ultimate. Unfortunately, I didn't
see if any of this was a problem before upgrading to Vista.

I probably could have overlooked to inability to get templates directly
through Word, but not having any Help screens to operate a completely new
program?? Especially a behemoth like Office?? ::maniacal laughter:: I think
I'm gonna have to stock up on tranquilizers!! X-(

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Firewalker,

In Word 2007 bring up the help dialog (blue question mark at the top right of the Ribbon tabs/menu bar).

At the bottom right of the help dialog does it say 'Offline'? If so, click there to turn on the 'Show content from Office Online'
choice and try using the Templates choice again (you may need to restart Word).

If that choice already shows 'Connected to Office Online' then open your firewall product (usually from an icon in the 'system
tray'/notification area in thelower right of your Windows taskbar and set it to allow Word 2007 to be able to access the Internet.

You can also use your browser to go to http://office.microsoft.com/templates

=================
"Firewalker" wrote in message ...
When I start a new document and want to use a template from Microsoft Office
Online via the "New Document" screen, it tells me "There is currently no
content available for..." whatever catagory I choose.
If I click on "Featured", it tells me "Unable to connect to Microsoft Office
Online" even though I am connected and am able to do other stuff online like
email and web browsing.
Have I missed a setting in Word somewhere that blocks the content of
Microsoft Office Online.
I've checked through Microsoft Update, and have all current updates for my
Microsoft products. Could this be a problem with Windows Vista Firewall?

I don't think it's a hardware problem, but here's my specs just in case:
Asus A8V-E SE Motherboard w/most current BIOS installed
VIA K8T890 Chipset
3 GB DDR400 Memory
ATI Radeon X1650 w/512MB onboard
Windows Vista Ultimate