Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Richard M 2006 Richard M 2006 is offline

Default Split a mail merge document into individual documents

Hello Doug,
Where do I go to open and edit the macro to change the command. Tools,
macro, macros lets me see your macro, but the edit button is greyed out OR
the error says the project cannot be viewed.
Thanks,
Richard

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In place of the

Documents.Add

command in the macro, use

Documents.Add Template:="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office" _
& "\Templates\Memos\Professional Memo.dot"replacing 'C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office" _
& "\Templates\Memos\Professional Memo.dot"

With the name of the template used to create the mail merge main document.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shelly Faye" wrote in message
Thank you for your "splitmergeletter" macro - it really helps - except for
one thing - formatting is coorect when I merge to new doc - it changes the
font only when I execute your macro??!!

Why?

The original letter is in Arial, the resulting letters are in Arial, the
split letters are in Times New Roman - and as there is a specific look on
the
page - eg letterhead also in Arial, we want to preserve the original look.

Thank you for your help.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

leedelee wrote:
How do I take a mail merge document and then split it up into
individual documents to save each letter in a separate place?