Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default landscape and portrait headers definition... in a blank template!

Word can remember up to three headers/footers per section: First Page, Odd
(or primary), and Even. But it remembers only the ones that are in the page
orientation of a given section, so without section breaks, no I don't think
you could have those headers as an *original* part of the template, but you
could certainly save them as AutoText entries in the Header or Footer style,
and they would be available on the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer
toolbar.

wrote in message
Suzanne, yes, i was referring to that article... i read 200 tutorials
(including yours), i've must mixed them up in my mind...

Regarding Stefan's comment, I have done that... I've created the
template with the sections and 2 blank pages (in both orientations) as
placeholders. But what if I want to create a template without those
place holders? Specifically I want to know if, in order to provide a
template with a defined header for the landscape page, is it necessary
to incorporate a landscape page, or if there is a way to include that
information without placing a landscape page on the template.
Does it make any sense?