Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default landscape and portrait headers definition... in a blank template!

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
That is a good idea. It woold still be necessary to insert the landscape
section manually, of course (unless you are willing to include a section
break in the AutoText entry, which might be somewhat of an adventure).

Correction: (unless you are willing to include *two* section breaks in
the AutoText entry...)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Word can remember up to three headers/footers per section: First Page,
Odd (or primary), and Even. But it remembers only the ones that are in
the page orientation of a given section, so without section breaks, no I
don't think you could have those headers as an *original* part of the
template, but you could certainly save them as AutoText entries in the
Header or Footer style, and they would be available on the AutoText menu
on the Header and Footer toolbar.

wrote in message
Suzanne, yes, i was referring to that article... i read 200 tutorials
(including yours), i've must mixed them up in my mind...

Regarding Stefan's comment, I have done that... I've created the
template with the sections and 2 blank pages (in both orientations) as
placeholders. But what if I want to create a template without those
place holders? Specifically I want to know if, in order to provide a
template with a defined header for the landscape page, is it necessary
to incorporate a landscape page, or if there is a way to include that
information without placing a landscape page on the template.
Does it make any sense?