Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cathy B[_2_] Cathy B[_2_] is offline

Default Mail Merge with Numbered lists in Source Document

I have a 2 page source document in Word 2007. It has 3 columns, multiple
topics using a Heading Style to define the start of a new topic. I have
instructions as a part of each topic to the reader using a numbered list.
Each new topic instruction list begins with the number 1. When I do a mail
merge with an Excel list, the numbered lists start with the number 1 in the
first topic but the numbers are continued from previous for the remaining
topics instead of starting at 1. With each new merged document (this would
be the odd page numbers), the first topic begins with 1 but the remaining
numbered lists are a continuation instead of each list within each topic
beginning with the #1.

Anyone have a remedy for this? I recall vaguely having this issue with Word
2003, but cannot find the solution anywhere!