Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default help with full screen mode in Word07

Try print layout view and double click one of the tabs to minimize the
ribbon.

"SlickRCBD" wrote in message
I'm taking a night school course to get a higher degree. In class
today, the school had upgraded the computer in the classroom to Word
2007. I had been asked to help scroll a document on the screen while
the teacher was talking as she showed us various mistakes past
students had made on papers.
The problem was that not everything she wanted on screen was page-
alligned. In Word 2003 this wasn't a problem, as it defaulted to
something similar to the mode you had it in.
Not so in Word 2007. Instead, it acted more like the more recent
versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader ( 4) and would only display a page
at a time.

Is there any way to get the full screen mode to behave like the older
versions of Word? I could use full-screen mode to get the menus and
formatting controls out of the way while showing continuous pages in
Word 97 and 2003, but I can't figure out how to do this in Word 2007.

I'm trying to get something like "single page-continuous" in Acrobat,
or the "normal" "print view", or "web view" in Word 2003 that lets me
display the end of one page and the beginning of the next on the
screen at the same time while in full-screen mode as it did in the
previous versions.

So, how do I accomplish that, or did they force you to display only
one page at a time in the new, "improved" version?

I apologize for not using any new terminology, but here at home my
trial version of Office 2007 expired, and I simply replaced it with
Office 2003 from my previous computer.