Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge only merges first 3 records in excel file

I guess that you are using a Tablet PC or a PC with some tablet-like
functionality enabled.

There is a bug in Word that causes the problem with propagation of mail
merge field fields with a label type mail merge when using a Tablet PC and
some other Computers that have Tablet PC Functionality available. Here is a
macro that will overcome the problem:

Sub MailMergePropagateLabel()
Dim atable As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long
Dim source As Cell, target As Cell
Dim myrange As Range
Set atable = ActiveDocument.Tables(1)
Set source = atable.Cell(1, 1)
Set myrange = source.Range
myrange.Collapse wdCollapseStart
ActiveDocument.Fields.Add Range:=myrange, Text:="NEXT", _
PreserveFormatting:=False
source.Range.Copy
For j = 2 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(1, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
For i = 2 To atable.Rows.Count
For j = 1 To atable.Columns.Count
Set target = atable.Cell(i, j)
If target.Range.Fields.Count 0 Then
target.Range.Paste
End If
Next j
Next i
atable.Cell(1, 1).Range.Fields(1).Delete
End Sub

If you do not know what to do with the above code, see the article "What do
I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me out? at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

It is suggested that you put this code into a template that you save in the
Word Startup folder so that it becomes an add-in and will be available
whenever you need it. As the macro has the same name as the Word Command
that is supposed to do the job, this macro will run when the Update Labels
button is used when setting up the mail merge label main document.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"jstech" wrote in message
in office 2007, when i try to mail merge an excel file with mail labels in
word 2007, i get the mail merge taking place on the first 3 labels, then
it
skips the bulk of the page and merges the last 2 labels. what happened to
all
the labels in between? (First labels printed are #s 1, 2, and 3
Last labels printed are 30 and 31. there are multiple labels in between
these, and more labels after.
as far as i can tell the excel sheet is correct.