Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karl E. Peterson[_2_] Karl E. Peterson[_2_] is offline

Default Applying Custom Table Styles

Karl E. Peterson wrote:
Posting here to insure that I find the answer through Google in relatively
short order. g More seriously, I have been googling, and just can't seem
to find the right incantation for this.

ARGH!!! Of course. I "solved" it by posting here. g (Sort of.)

I seem to grasp the general concept of creating a new style for tables.
What's perplexing is, once I do so, I can't seem to find a way to actually
*apply* that style to a table. This is in Word 2007.

I think the Quick Style Gallery is supposed to have a Custom section, right?
Not here. At least not always. Is there some way to toggle this thing on
and off?

Okay, it seems my mistake was in actually attempting to create new
styles, rather than modifying existing ones? In a DOCX where I had
attempted three times to create new styles, and the Custom bar never
showed up, I just now modified an existing style and gave it a new
name. This seems to have forced the creation of that Custom styles
bar, and it now holds all four of my "custom" styles. Is this supposed
to make sense?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org