Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell  via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Applying Custom Table Styles

A newly created table style should show up in the custom gallery. I do
vaguely remember, though, that my first few table style did not show up there.
I'm not sure what caused them to consistently show up later.

Pam

Karl E. Peterson wrote:
Posting here to insure that I find the answer through Google in relatively
short order. g More seriously, I have been googling, and just can't seem
to find the right incantation for this.

ARGH!!! Of course. I "solved" it by posting here. g (Sort of.)

I seem to grasp the general concept of creating a new style for tables.
What's perplexing is, once I do so, I can't seem to find a way to actually

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
Not here. At least not always. Is there some way to toggle this thing on
and off?

Okay, it seems my mistake was in actually attempting to create new
styles, rather than modifying existing ones? In a DOCX where I had
attempted three times to create new styles, and the Custom bar never
showed up, I just now modified an existing style and gave it a new
name. This seems to have forced the creation of that Custom styles
bar, and it now holds all four of my "custom" styles. Is this supposed
to make sense?