Deb O'Neill Deb O'Neill is offline
Junior Member

I read this and thought I was finally saved!!!!! My columns in the middle of a page are a continuous section. I placed my cursor like you said - between the continuous break and did format page number. Unfortunately, that changes my page number in the header - even though that is section 3 and my columns are section 4. So, this did not help! I'm going nuts with a 500 page document. It only had 3 sections which was managed fine. Now that I have columns in there, the pages just follow the columns, so everything now starts at 2. I don't want to manually change all the numbers. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
Section 4 is not "missing"; it's just not accessible from the header/footer
because it's in the middle of a page. Place the insertion point between the
Continuous breaks that define Section 4 and use Format Page Number. This is
easy if you have Word 2007 (it is directly accessible from the Ribbon). In
an earlier version, use Insert | Page Numbers | Format. Change numbering to
"Continue from previous section," OK, Close.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
My document goes from Section 3 to Section 5. The early section break
types
are Next Page but later in the doc there are some continuous breaks where
graphics have been inserted. Due to missing Section 4, the page numbering
is
not sequential.
How to fix!
--