WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: HELP Missing Section Number Messes pg numbering

Hi Janet,

I understand the frustration of having messed up page numbering in your document. Fortunately, there is a way to fix this issue.

Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Go to the page where Section 3 ends and Section 5 begins.
  2. Place your cursor on the first page of Section 5.
  3. Click on the Page Layout tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on the Breaks button in the Page Setup section.
  5. Select the Next Page option under Section Breaks.
  6. This will create a new section and a new header and footer for Section 4.
  7. Go to the header or footer of Section 4 and add the section number (i.e. "Section 4") using the Header & Footer Tools Design tab.
  8. If you have any page numbers in the header or footer, you will need to reset them for Section 4. To do this, click on the Page Number button in the Header & Footer Tools Design tab and select the format you want.
  9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for any subsequent sections that may have been affected by the missing Section 4.

By following these steps, you should be able to fix the page numbering issue in your document. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

[Your Name]