Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wally wally is offline

Default Footnote Separator Line

Thanks for the 2 suggestions, but they didn't solve the problem. I am using
Word 2007. No extra paragraphs show up in Draft view. When I display the
footnote separator line in Draft view, only a 2 inch separator shos up. Since
this is a dissertation, I have to use double spacing; I suspect that is part
of the problem.
Any suggestions?
--
Wally

"Henk57" wrote:

Wally;2665866 Wrote:
I have too much space between bottom of text and the footnote separator
line.
I have already set the footnote format to place footnotes at end of
text
instead of bottom of page, but this doe snot help. I am using 12 pt
Century
Schoolbook font. How can I get the space smaller between the last line
and
the footnote separator line?
--
Wally

To edit the footnote separator line, or the space between line and text
for that matter, you need to go to Normal View. Then choose Footnotes
from the View menu. Choose Footnote Separator from the dropdown menu
on the bottom of the page. With Show/Hide active you'll probably see a
couple of pi-like symbols (paragraphs). Delete the ones you can miss.

--
Henk57