Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jo4321 Jo4321 is offline

Default Entry of dates is changing when pulled into merged document

I have a word document that I am pulling info from an excel spreadsheet to
populate the form.

One of the columns in my spreadsheet is for the date I recieve a particular
piece of info from clients. Sometimes, the clients will send more than one
of thse pieces of info. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've
been
putting a comma between the two dates.

Even though in my spreadsheet, the column looks like this "3/2/2009,
12/29/2009" (for the two dates I received the different info), when I pull
the data from this particular column into my word form, it changes the dates
to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of this column
in the spreadsheet to text and also to general; I've also tried putting an
apostrophe in front of the entry, but it still will not give me just the two
dates.

In short, I want the spreadsheet and the word document to treat this one
column as text and enter it exactly the way I have it...with the two dates
separated by the comma.

Any ideas?