Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default How do I do exact horizontal placement of characters in Word?

With Finereader 6 (Corporate) there was a brilliant form filling tool that
made such tasks a breeze. They no longer supply it with the OCR application,
but it seems to be available as a separate application -
http://www.abbyy.com/formreader/. I hesitate to ask how much it costs

Rae Drysdale wrote:
Text Boxes? You can position these absolutely in relation to the page.

Measuring where text needs to go seems very time consuming. I would
imagine there is an easier way using a scanner.

In a previous life (WordPerfect), I was able to complete a form by
doing vertical and horizontal placement of characters. I would
measure on my form where I needed to place the characters and then
feed the form through the printer. How is this done in Word?

Thanks.