Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nat Nat is offline

Default Page numbers across all Sections

I am working on a 60 page letter (document) in Word 2007. I have 18
sections, b/c I have a header for every page after page one showing "Topic A
(or whatever), continued". I want page numbering at the bottom center to
start on page 2 of the document, and go straight through to the end, across
all sections.

I have tried every which way-- starting with the footer on the second page,
which is also the second section, to starting with the first section, tried
different first page. I get a 1 on the first page, a 2 on the second page,
and a 2 on the third page. The sizes of my sections vary, some are a page
or two, others are more than ten pages. I've tried linking to the previous,
not linking, formating the page numbers using continue from previous.
Whatever I do, it just doesn't go solidly throughout. Can someone from this
wonderful discussion group give me a step by step from the beginning?

Thanks
--
Nat